FUNDAMENTALS OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
1. DNA and its Replication
- RNA Polymerase (Role of RNA Polymerase in Transcription process)
- Sigma factors and Transcription factors.
- Transcription in Prokaryotes.
- Transcription in Eukaryotes.
3. Genetic Code
- Rules Governing Genetic Code (Discovery and the concept of Wobble hypothesis and other rules that govern Genetic code)
- Properties of Genetic Code
4. RNA Processing
- RNA Splicing (Introduction to RNA splicing and Splicing pathways)
- Self splicing introns
- Exon Shuffling
- RNA Editing
- Components of Translational Machinery
- Translation process in prokaryotes
- Translation process in Eukaryotes
- Translation dependent regulation of mRNA
6. Replication error and Repair