FUNDAMENTALS OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
1. DNA and its Replication
- DNA and its structural Properties.
- Introduction to DNA Replication. (Chemistry of DNA Replication and substrate Require For DNA Replication)
- Mechanism of DNA Polymerase (Structure, function and types of Polymerases)
- Replication Forks and Origins of Replication
- The Replicon Model of Replication Initiation
- DNA Replication in Prokaryotes.
- DNA Replication in Eukaryotes
- RNA Polymerase (Role of RNA Polymerase in Transcription process)
- Sigma factors and Transcription factors.
- Transcription in Prokaryotes.
- Transcription in Eukaryotes.
3. Genetic Code
- Rules Governing Genetic Code (Discovery and the concept of Wobble hypothesis and other rules that govern Genetic code)
- Properties of Genetic Code
4. RNA Processing
- RNA Splicing (Introduction to RNA splicing and Splicing pathways)
- Self splicing introns
- Exon Shuffling
- RNA Editing
- Components of Translational Machinery
- Translation process in prokaryotes
- Translation process in Eukaryotes
- Translation dependent regulation of mRNA
6. Replication error and Repair
- Mutation and its types
- Mismatch Repair Systems
- DNA Damage
- Repair of DNA Damage Pathways (Base Excision Repair, Nucleotide Excision Repair, Recombinational Repair and Translesion DNA Synthesis)